1. Steel Construction Manual, AISC
The Manual of Steel Construction is a comprehensive compilation of tables, diagrams, illustrations and guidelines used by professional engineers and steel detailers.
2. Detailing for Steel Constructions, AISC
This book discusses structural steel detailing standards, including topics such as:
– Overall fabrication requirements
– Contract documents
– Standard connection details
– Basic detailing practices
– Project setup and control
– Erection drawings
– Shop drawings
– Bills of materials
– Detailing quality control and assurance
3. Code of Standard Practice for Steel Buildings and Bridges, AISC
The AISC Code of Standard Practice lays out a set of standards that everyone in the structural steel construction business can agree on. It is useful for anyone involved in building steel constructions such as steel detailer or steel fabricator.
4. Detailing Charts, National Institute of Steel Detailing
Detailing Charts is 16-page publication that is convenient and easy for finding W-beam, channels and angles gage distances, bolt edge distances and more.